Foot & hand Care Course
This Video Program is a complete training program for nurses and other health care professionals who are preparing to add foot care to their practices. It also meets the WOCN & AFCNA didactic prerequisite for their Foot and Nail Care Certification exams. This is a video version of a full day continuing nursing education program which has been given throughout the United States. Successful completion of the program awards 6.5 CNE hours.
This program presents approaches to the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of selected foot problems in older adults and provides opportunities to observe and selected diagnostic and treatment procedures.
Topics include assessment and diagnostic testing of lower extremity neurological and vascular disease; Bio-mechanical physical assessment of the foot; assessment and treatment of pedal skin conditions; and toenail assessment and care.
Successful completion of this program meets the didactic eligibility requirement for the Foot and Nail Care Certification awarded by the WOCN & AFCNA.org.
For complete information on eligibility requirements for foot and nail care certification, visit the WOCNCB.org and AFCNA.org websites.
A. Video is a well rounded program containing the basics necessary to begin your training prior to providing “Routine” toenail and callus foot care.
B. Helps satisfy the didactic (classroom) education requirements for Foot Care Certification thru AFCNA.org and WOCNCB.org. (6.5 CNEs awarded toward the 25 CNE requirement)
C. Successful completion requires achieving a passing grade on the “post-viewing” test. This test is taken on-line at your convenience and your “6.5 CE Certificate of Completion” is downloadable immediately after passing the test.
D. Both the “PC-Disk” and the “Downloadable” versions of the test are always available to you at any time in the future. An excellent way to prep for the Certification Examination!
1. Lower Extremity Neurologic and Vascular Disease: Physical Assessment and Diagnostic Testing
- Assessment of Arterial and Venous Disease
- Assessment of Peripheral Neuropathy
- Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI), Non-Invasive Neurological Testing
2. Biomechanical and Physical Assessment of the Foot
- Anatomy and Biomechanics of the Foot
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation Including Foot Function, Gait Cycle, Range of Motion, Deformities
- Risk Assessment for Foot Ulceration and Amputation
- Proper Footwear Assessment and Modification
3. Pedal Skin Conditions: Assessment and Treatment
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Warts, Blisters, Tinea Pedis
- Paronychia and Maceration
- Pathophysiology and Treatment of Hyperkeratotic Lesions
4. Toenail Assessment and Care
- Diagnosis and Management of Onychomycosis, Trauma, Ingrown Toenails, Other Common Nail Conditions
- Infection Control for Patients and Clinicians
- Cleaning and Sterilization of Equipment
Prices & Schedules
Cost of the course
* PC Disk & Downloaded Versions – $245.00 each
* Extra Student from the same group – $125.00 for each student after the first
from each group.
Tilia Leaves has been established in 2018 and managed by Latvian and Egyptian Partners . Tilia Leaves in few months has become one of the leaders in Foot & Hand Care treatments in Hurghada through several treatments programs . We are providing services and experience .
126 Air port building – Kawther
Hurghada – Red Sea – Egypt
+20 11 0185 4694